smart light connecting the world
Gigalifi is integrated by brilliant Scientists of multiple generations where the experience of the oldest and the boldness of the youngest create the greatest value for the development of disruptive technologies. We are the only company in Mexico, Latin America and Spain that works in the research of Optical Wireless Communication (OWC).
SOLUTION AT A GLANCE
The demand for electronic devices connected to Internet (based on the transmission of data by cable and radio waves) and the use of the Internet of Things (IoT) are so great already that the radioelectric spectrum will be soon saturated. Our logical solution to this saturation and overlapping of information is LiFi transmission.
GiGaLiFi uses Light Fidelity, LiFi, as its technology based on OWC. LiFi is a telecommunications technology that turns light into a service, making a LED spotlight into a transmitter of information such as data, voice and video. Thus, visible light becomes an ideal medium for Internet transmission while reducing exposure to radiofrequency.
The benefits of using LiFi are:
SPEED: LiFi can be 100X faster than Wifi, working bidirectionally (up and down loading data at the same high speed).
SECURITY: The connection or data transmission can’t be hacked without being exposed to the LiFi light signal
ENVIRONMENTAL: Light does not generate radiation (in opposition to Wifi’s radiofrequencies) and requires less energy to function.
UNDERWATER: LiFi is able to transmit data even under water while Wifi’s radiofrequency cannot.
TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION
GiGaLiFi has developed and produced devices that implement communication methods through the visible light spectrum which are functional.
LiFi devices, with enabled LEDs, illuminate, send and receive information (data, sound & video) without Wifi radiofrequency emission risk. These devices, cutting edge technology based, already comply with the standards which are currently being considered as the first sketches towards a worldwide IEEE specification.
- smart public Transportation
- Connectivity for Public Services
- Connectivity in areas of natural disasters or chaos
- Virtual classrooms
- Faster connectivity
- Classes with technological tools
- In hospitals to avoid interference due to the use of radiofrequency
- Connectivity in medical equipment
- faster and more efficient internal communication
- High-speed connectivity in private and government offices
- Security of sensitive information
- smarter energy management
- We build networks to wirelessly locate objects or people
- Analysis of data and information of users such as customers and travelers
HIGH DEMAND OR RADIO FREQUENCY SENSITIVE ENVIRONMENTS
- Use in stadiums for high-speed connectivity
- Places of high sensitivity to radio frequency, such as an oil rig
- Surveillance systems
- Energy management
- Internet of Things (Appliances and electronics)
- Communication in manufacturing environments without radio frequency interference, increasing effectiveness
- Control of industrial processes, mining or extraction, above and below the water level
- Control of industrial processes, mining or extraction, above and below the water leve
- Flight connectivity for passengers
- Traffic control and redirection to more fluid routes
- Internet inside the vehicle
- Vehicle tracking
- High speed streaming
- Merchandise tracking
- Business Intelligence
- Quality control
- Control of expiration dates of perishable products
- Smart garments